<$BlogRSDURL$>

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us   Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience (1 Peter 3:15b-16a ESV)

Click HERE to go to the NEW PEW!!
Search or read the Bible

Example: John 1 or love one another (ESV)

Tsunami Relief Fund
 

HEY!! This site has SHUT DOWN. I've moved to The New and Improved View From the Pew. Head over there for the new stuff.


Search This Site!!

PicoSearch
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
About Me
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Currently Reading:
Beyond the Shadowlands: C. S. Lewis on Heaven and Hell

On Deck
Total Truth




blogs4God - a Semi-Definitive List of Christian Blogs
Rate this blog

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Listed on Blogwise Listed on BlogShares Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Subscribe with Bloglines FeedBurner.com Logo Blogarama - 
The Blog Directory BlogBasics Listed in LS Blogs

Links
The Church Directory

My Technorati Profile
 

4/02/2004

Jesus and Paul on ABC 

Monday night, Peter Jennings and ABC are going to be hosting Jesus and Paul: The Word and the Witness. It starts at 8pm eastern, and it will run for 3 hours.

I'll be honest -- I didn't watch the Search for Jesus thing that ABC and Jennings did four years ago. I'm not optimistic about what the popular media says about Jesus, or the founding of Christianity. I've seen too many specials that rehash old arguements about historical reliability of the Gospels, the supposed suppression of the Gnostic writings, etc. With the popularity of The DaVinci Code, this has ony gotten worse. (I'm working on a fuller treatment of this subject for my web site. I may put some excerpts here, when I get something I'm happy with.)

A lot of things have changed, though, in the last four years. I've gone from a marketing major to a seminarian (some people won't see a difference there ...). I've had a radical change of direction in my life, and I really think I need to see this special. So, assuming that my golf league is over by then, I'll be watching Jennings on Monday night. And Tuesday, you all get to read my rant right here. Aren't you lucky?!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Southern Baptist Blog Aggregator

Email me! Email Protection by Name Intelligence


Past Posts
 
Views from Other Pews

Blogroll Me!

The League of Reformed Bloggers