<$BlogRSDURL$>

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us   Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, having a good conscience (1 Peter 3:15b-16a ESV)

Click HERE to go to the NEW PEW!!
Search or read the Bible

Example: John 1 or love one another (ESV)

Tsunami Relief Fund
 

HEY!! This site has SHUT DOWN. I've moved to The New and Improved View From the Pew. Head over there for the new stuff.


Search This Site!!

PicoSearch
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
About Me
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Currently Reading:
Beyond the Shadowlands: C. S. Lewis on Heaven and Hell

On Deck
Total Truth




blogs4God - a Semi-Definitive List of Christian Blogs
Rate this blog

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Listed on Blogwise Listed on BlogShares Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Subscribe with Bloglines FeedBurner.com Logo Blogarama - 
The Blog Directory BlogBasics Listed in LS Blogs

Links
The Church Directory

My Technorati Profile
 

8/03/2004

What a vacation .... 

I'm finally home. Actually, I got home last night, but was too tired to blog.

I should have been home Monday morning. Halfway to Charlotte on Saturday, the transmission in my in-laws' van gave up the ghost. Sat by the side of the road with my father-in-law for two hours waiting for a tow, then spent another two hours taking back roads from Florence, SC to Charlotte. Had to stay until Monday morning because nobody was open to take care of a sick van. Sigh.

At least the beach was fun. I'm not much of a beach person, but I helped my daughter build her first sand castle ever, so it was fun. Played some VERY mediocre golf. Got a small sunburn. Ate too much. The usual vacation thing. Read the newest Jasper Fforde book, Well of Lost Plots. Highly recommend this series to people who enjoy British humor (especially Douglas Adams' Dirk Gently series). When I get my high-speed back, I'll put some links up on my library page.

Speaking of which ... Got home and realized we forgot to pay the cable bill before we left. No cable TV, no Internet -- except for the PeoplePC dialup I've been using from the beach. I paid Adelphia today at noon, but they say I won't get anyone out here to reconnect me until NEXT Tuesday. I'm looking into Direct TV, so my email address may change.

Amid THAT drama, I realized I forgot about the Carnival this week. I haven't checked my blogroll OR my email since I got home, so I don't even know where it is this week. More on that tomorrow, I hope.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Southern Baptist Blog Aggregator

Email me! Email Protection by Name Intelligence


Past Posts
 
Views from Other Pews

Blogroll Me!

The League of Reformed Bloggers